Italy is one of the preferred study abroad destinations for international students who are looking to obtain a widely valued international education. Studying abroad is always more expensive than studying in your home country. Fortunately, Italy offers numerous scholarships to international students. Here we have compiled a list of scholarships in Italy for international students.
How to get a scholarship in Italy?
There are government scholarships for which international students can apply. Moreover, some Universities in Italy also offer scholarships to international students. Here is the procedure of how to get scholarships to study in Italy
- Research for scholarship - You should start researching scholarships and other financial support opportunities in your home country.
- Contact chosen university - You must contact the financial aid office of the university in Italy, you wish to attend. Ask them for information about scholarships for international students in Italy and eligibility criteria.
- Research additional opportunities - Explore the scholarship options offered by the government, non-profit organizations, and private organizations in Italy.
- Application form - You have to fill and submit the scholarship application form.
- Fees deduction - If you are successful in obtaining the scholarship, then the awarded amount will be paid towards your university tuition fee in Italy.
Requirements for a scholarship to study in Italy
There are no specific requirements for applying for scholarships in Italy. Generally, the scholarship programs are offered based on financial needs or past academic records. Each organization or institute has its own criteria. Here are some of the common requirements that you may require complete when applying for a scholarship in Italy:
- A completed scholarship application form
- Copy of passport or Identification Document
- Copies of transcripts or Diploma
- Language test scores
- Statement of Purpose or Letter of motivation
- Letter of recommendation
- CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- SAT/ACT/ GRE/ GPA and other test scores
- Parents' financial information, including tax returns
Scholarships to Study in Italy for International Students
Italian Government Scholarships for Foreign Students
- The Italian Government offers scholarships for studying in Italy both to international students. The scholarships are offered for the following type of courses: Master’s Degree, Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM), Ph.D. program, and Italian Language and Culture Courses. The scholarship finances tuition fees, health insurance, and provides a monthly allowance.
“Invest your Talent in Italy” program
- This program is supported by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and by the Italian Ministry for Economic Development. It offers students the opportunity to develop their skills and specialize through a range of Master’s and postgraduate degree courses in English, in the fields of Engineering, Advanced Technologies, Economics, Architecture, Design, and Management at reputed Italian universities. The student must be from the specific countries which include Azerbaijan, Colombia, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iran, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Turkey, Tunisia, and Vietnam.
EDISU Piemonte Scholarships
- International students admitted to one of the Universities of Piedmont can apply for an EDISU Piemonte scholarship. They can pursue a full-time Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, Single Cycle Master’s degree, or Ph.D. Degree courses with scholarships if they meet the merit and economic requirements of the competition. Part-time students can apply for the scholarship if they are enrolled in a bachelor’s degree.
Bologna University Study Grants for International Students
- The University of Bologna offers financial support to deserving foregin students. The student must be pursuing any Bachelor, Masters, or Single Cycle Degree Programmes at the University of Bologna. Each study grant is awarded for one academic year and amounts to a total of EUR 11,059 and full tuition fee waivers.
University of Pavia International Scholarships for Developing Country Students
- The University of Pavia (UNIPV), offers scholarships to outstanding students from developing countries at their campuses. The scholarship aims to promote international cooperation with Developing Countries. To get the benefit of a scholarship, the student must study a Master’s Degree Program taught in English at the University. Each scholarship is worth about €8,000.
Bocconi Merit and International Awards
- Bocconi University offers scholarships to international students admitted in any eligible Bachelor’s study Program or Master of Science Program at their campus. These scholarships are offered based on past academic records. The scholarship includes half to full tuition waiver worth up to EUR 12,000 per year for the Bachelor’s Program and up to EUR 13,000 per year for the Master’s of Science Program.
Politecnico de Milano Merit-Based Scholarships for International Students
- Politecnico di Milano offers numerous merit-based scholarships to the most deserving international students who register for a Master of Science program at their campus. Scholarships of EUR 5000 to EUR 10000 per year may also be awarded plus the tuition fee waiver. Also, note Students obtaining a scholarship will have to pay only an administrative fee of about €200.
Politecnico di Torino International Scholarships
- Another scholarship in Italy for international students is Politecnico di Torino International Scholarships. The institution offers scholarships for study programs in certain fields such as Engineering and Architecture.
Università Cattolica International Scholarships
- The UCSC International Scholarship is an annual tuition fee reduction given by Università Cattolica in order to foster the access of international students to the degree programs. The discount is given around 30% of the total cost.
University of Padova Scholarships for All Degree Courses
- The University of Padova offers financial help to students who have a good academic record, need finance to pursue a degree at the University. The scholarship consists partially of money and partially of services, such as accommodation or meals.
Scuola Normale Superiore Phd. Scholarships
- Scuola Normale Superiore, a state-supported university offers various financial aids to international students looking to further their studies in the country. The most popular scholarship program at the university is the fully-financed Ph.D. courses. The beneficiaries of this scholarship will have their tuition fee covered. In addition to that, they are also entitled to a stipend to enhance their research activities. The awardee may also get the benefit of free accommodation and meals at the university’s facilities.
You should also read the following
Why Study in Italy
Study Options in Italy
Education System In Italy