New Zealand is an internationally recognized source of high-quality education as well as research excellence. It has a progressive education system with state-of-the-art facilities. Qualifications are internationally recognized. New Zealand is on the same side as Japan or Great Britain. The countryside is different & quite amazing. New Zealand itself is quite an amazing & multicultural nation.
Why Study In New Zealand
New Zealand has an international reputation as a provider of quality education. The NZQA assures the quality of programs offered by state institutions and a private foundation, which in turn ensures that the program offered by New Zealand, maintains international reorganization. Here are the main reasons why international students choose New Zealand as their higher studies abroad destination.
• It provides a safe learning environment that provides excellent study opportunities & support services for international students.
• Courses are available at universities, polytechnics, colleges of education, and personal training establishments.
• Campuses are highly intercontinental, with students from all corners of the globe studying and socializing together.
• New Zealand has a progressive world-class education system with state of art facilities. Qualifications are internationally recognized.
• As English is a day-day language in New Zealand, international students find it very easy to study, live & interact in New Zealand. Moreover, the New Zealand accent is easy to understand.
• The New Zealand government is spending steadily in its education sector with projections of international enrolments.
Study in New Zealand Requirements
There are some general requirements one needs to follow to enrol in one of the universities in New Zealand. The requirements for the different courses for specific universities will vary for international students. However, there are some general requirements that every candidate has to provide. Here are some of the Common requirements for Masters in New Zealand.
• The international students need to have a high school degree or equivalent for a bachelor's, and for the Master's in New Zealand, students are required to have a bachelor’s or equivalent degree
• English Language Proficiency score (TOEFL/ IELTS)
• Birth Certificate
• Passport Photographs
• A Valid Passport
• Letters of Recommendation from professors or managers)
• Previous Degrees and Certificates
• Statement of Purpose / Application Essay stating your reason to choose a specific course in the university.
• Resume / Curriculum Vitae
• Work experience certificate. (if required)
• Portfolio (if required)
Top Universities in New Zealand
Degrees from universities in New Zealand are accepted all over the world. This shows the international prestige of the universities. Eight Universities in New Zealand have consistently featured in the top Universities across the globe. According to the QS World University Rankings, here are the top 8 universities in New Zealand for international students:
• The University of Auckland
• University of Otago
• Victoria University of Wellington
• University of Canterbury | Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha
• Massey University
• Lincoln University
• University of Waikato
• Auckland University of Technology
Study in New Zealand Cost
The average tuition cost for a Bachelor’s degree in New Zealand is around 18000 NZD to 25000 NZD. A Master’s Degree might cost you approximately 10000 NZD to 30000 NZD. However, the tuition fees at public universities in New Zealand are comparatively more affordable than at private Universities. There are other expenses too like accommodation and traveling, along with food and groceries.
Scholarships to Study in New Zealand
There are several ways to fund your study abroad expenses in New Zealand. Education loans are of course one of them. The others are scholarships and bursaries to study in New Zealand. Universities in New Zealand offer scholarships to international students based on merit-based and financial need-based. Here are some of the scholarships to study in New Zealand:
1. University of Otago Academic Excellence Scholarship
2. Victoria Fulbright Masters Scholarship
3. University of Auckland International Business Masters Scholarships
4. AUT Professional Masters Scholarships
5. University of Auckland Masters/Honors/PGDip Scholarship
Student visa for New Zealand
Students going to New Zealand to study for more than 3 months would require to obtain a New Zealand Student Visa. A student visa allows students to study full-time at the university in New Zealand for a stipulated period. To obtain the visa you will require some of the documents supporting your visa application. Find below the list of documents you will need for a student visa:
• Current application form – student visa application form
• Your passport (valid for at least three months after your period of stay in New Zealand)
• A letter of acceptance from your university in New Zealand.
• Transcripts, diplomas, degrees, certificates, etc
• Tuition fee receipt showing payment to date
• Passport-size photographs
• Proof of minimum required Monetary Funds to survive during your studies in New Zealand
The Visa Processing Time for the Student Visa for New Zealand is 20 working days. Depending on the skilled immigrant visa it can also take less than 3 weeks. While applying for a student visa, one should always keep in mind the processing time, so that you are prepared timely.