New Zealand is considered one of the most peaceful and attractive nations in the world. With an excellent education system, internationally valued qualifications, ample research opportunities and matchless quality of life, New Zealand have a lot to offer. To make your work easy in this article we have explained why you should choose New Zealand for studying abroad.
Why study in New ZealandThe reasons to choose New Zealand as a study abroad destination can never be compiled in a single shortlist. We tried to present to you the top reasons and benefits of studying in New Zealand for international students. Thus, here are some of the reasons why you should choose New Zealand as your study location.
1. Top Ranked Universities in New ZealandUniversities in New Zealand take pride in being listed amongst the best in the world. According to QS World University Ranking 2021. Higher education institutions provide practical knowledge along with theoretical knowledge. Additionally, there are around 20 universities that offer technological and polytechnic courses. This attracts students from all over. Here we have mentioned top universities in New Zealand along with their latest rankings:
- The University of Auckland ranked at 81st
- The University of Otago ranked at 184th
- Victoria University of Wellington ranked at 223rd
- The University of Canterbury ranked at 270th
- Massey University ranked at 272nd
- The University of Waikato ranked at 375th
- Lincoln University, ranked at 387th
- Auckland University of Technology (AUT), ranked at 437th
2. Relaxed Admission RequirementsYou might have to fulfil a long list of requirements to get admission to universities abroad. However, the Universities in New Zealand have a relatively easier admission policy when it comes to accepting international students. The admission requirements are relatively relaxed. In addition to this, the visa requirements are also not strict as compared to other countries such as Australia or America.
3. Affordable cost of study in New ZealandStudying in New Zealand is one such affair that comes at a friendly price. The cost of studying in New Zealand is also much cheaper than in the USA, Australia, UK, or Canada. A PG Course in any university in New Zealand can cost about 10000 NZ$ to 30000 NZ$ annually.
New Zealand also has a low cost of living comparatively. The cost of living ranges somewhere from around 90 NZ$ to 150 NZ$ per week. Fresh food, accommodation and transport are reasonably priced in New Zealand making life abroad less burdensome.
4. Globally recognised qualificationsThe education of New Zealand has a global reputation. The New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) ensures that the institutions in UK comply with qualification standards and are registered to offer seats for international students. All the study programs offered by the public universities in New Zealand have to go through rigid quality checks. Thus, the degrees obtained from the universities in New Zealand are valued all over the world by recruiters and employers.
5. A great number of coursesHigher education institutions in New Zealand offer a wide range of courses in diverse fields. From engineering to social science, one can pick a course that takes their career to the next level. The country is popular for subjects such as Information Technology, Computer Science, Animation etc. Industry-specific knowledge and hands-on experience is often a part of any course which ensures that the students graduating from these colleges are instantly selected by the finest employers across the world.
6. Work while studying in New ZealandInternational students in New Zealand are allowed to work for up to 20 hours per week during their semesters. They can even work full-time during vacation. If you are pursuing a doctoral degree or any research in masters, you will be allowed to work full-time as well. To ease your financial burden in a new country, you can choose to take up a job while you study in New Zealand. Working not only helps you cover some part of your expenses, but is also a great way to expand your network, getting to know more about different cultures and ideas as you broaden your horizons.
7. Scholarships in New ZealandInternational students can also apply for scholarships to study in New Zealand at an affordable price. There are plenty of scholarships open for international students to study in New Zealand. Scholarships are provided by the university and the Government. These scholarships are mainly based on the academic performances and financial need of the applicant. Research properly and apply for the scholarship to get a pocket friendly abroad education.
8. Stay back period post-educationA lot of countries do not allow international students to stay back after completion of their studies. However, New Zealand is not among them. It offers up to three years of a stay back period depending on the course that you are studying. The stay back period depends on the nature of the course you choose. However, one can be assured that he/she will have an opportunity to look for jobs and to work after completing their studies in New Zealand.
9. Student life in New ZealandStudent life in New Zealand is very exciting for international students. The citizens of New Zealand are friendly towards international students. They are open to learning and respecting the culture in general. Living in New Zealand provides every student with a chance to experience the diverse culture and natural attraction all at once. It is listed as one of the safest and peaceful nations in the world.
10. Innovation and ResearchNew Zealand provides ample opportunities for research for students. The country takes pride in providing highly experienced faculty, well-equipped laboratories, access to the latest technology, equipment, etc. It is becoming a hub of new technologies, research and development in numerous fields such as engineering, healthcare, physics, astronomy, agriculture, computer science, and many more.
If you are looking for an abroad location that has some of the best and top-ranked Universities across the globe while also offering a modern, safe life within a budget, it is highly recommended that you should choose New Zealand. International students could easily get into a university in New Zealand of their choice with the help of the right preparation.