Welcoming nearly 500,000 international students, Canada is known to award globally recognised educational degrees. It offers high-quality education at a comparatively affordable price than the USA, UK etc. The two of the major spoken languages of the world namely French and English are an integral part of the Canadian educational system. There are many reasons why someone would choose Canada as their study abroad destination.
1. World-renowned universities in CanadaCanadian Universities have a long history. It has a reputation in terms of academic performance and a high graduate employability rate. Several higher education institutions in Canada give a tough competition with leading and popular universities from the USA and the UK for instance.
The list of Top Universities in Canada with their Rankings are mentioned below:
- The University of Toronto ranked 25th
- McGill University ranked 31st
- The University of British Columbia ranked at 45th
- The University of Montreal ranked 118th
- The University of Alberta ranked at119th
- McMaster University ranked at 144th
- The University of Waterloo ranked at 166th
- Western university ranked at 203rd
- The Queen’s University of Kingston ranked at 246th
- The University of Calgary ranked 246th
2. Academic excellenceOne of the main reasons why international students choose Canada as their study abroad destination is because of the high standards of education. The degree obtained from the Canadian higher education institute is recognised all over the world. When a student obtains a degree from a university in Canada, it assures a mark of excellence.
3. Canada welcomes international students with open armsThe stereotype that Canadians are ‘warm and friendly’ is true. When international students arrive in Canada, they will find the people very welcoming with their unique Canadian culture. From cities to small towns, Canada is counted as one of the safest countries in the world for international students.
4. Plenty of research opportunities in CanadaOne of the main reasons why Canadian higher education stands out from the crowd is because of its strong investment in research and development. If you are a research scholar, then Canada is the country for you. The Canadian Government offers great support to research. Especially in the disciplines of medicine, telecommunication, agriculture, environmental science and technology.
5. Cultural diversityIn Canada, you will discover extremely warm and welcoming people. You will also experience different cultures and lifestyles in Canada. The multicultural environment in Canada makes it a friendly and peaceful country. You will get to know about different festivals and rituals.
6. Exciting Student Life in CanadaThe student life in Canada will be a lifetime memorable experience for international students. Canada celebrates world-renowned festivals. Additionally, it has attractive architecture, impressive theatre shows, several clubs and Casinos etc. The availability of these proves to be a valuable refreshment and unique experience in student life.
Sports facilities, vibrant art galleries, concert halls, library and literary hubs are available for international students as well. Additionally, you get a chance to meet new people and learn and experience new things. This should also be one of the major reasons to consider Canada as your study abroad destination.
7. Budget remains affordableCanadain universities have the lowest tuition fees among English-speaking countries. University Tuition fee in Canada is relatively cheaper when compared to the higher educational institutions in the USA and UK. Even when we consider the factor of the return on investment, it is quite an affordable option for Indian students.
8. Scholarships to study in CanadaThere are various scholarships schemes in Canada open for international students. It is in the form of Canadian Government Scholarships, university-provided Scholarships and Non-Government Scholarships. You can take advantage of these scholarships and make your higher education studies in Canada much more affordable.
These scholarships are provided based on Academic excellence, Language Proficiency, Extracurricular Indulgence and sometimes financial needs are also considered. Some of the scholarships offered by the Government of Canada are:
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Partnership Grants by Social Science and Humanities Research Council in Canada
- IDRC Research Awards
- Vanier Graduate Scholarships
- Canadian Studies Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Canada-ASEAN SEED
- Ontario Trillium Scholarship
9. Work while studying in CanadaInternational Students studying in Canada get an advantage to work while studying. This helps you to earn while you are studying. You can cover a part of your living expenses. To gain the right to work off-campus, you must fulfil the following conditions:
- You need to have a valid study permit
- You should be enrolled in a full-time study program
- You should be at a designated learning institution at the post-secondary level or, in Quebec, a vocational program at the secondary level
- be studying in an academic program that has at least six months in duration.
- If you qualify the above eligibility criteria, your study permit will allow you to:
- work during semesters up to 20 hours per week
- work full-time during academic vacations
- Support financially during the stay in Canada
10. Permanent residency in CanadaThe Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PWPP) in Canada allows students who have graduated from DLI to stay and work in Canada. You can get up to 3 years to stay in Canada to gain some international work experience. With this work experience, you can apply for permanent residency later on.
The reasons do not end here, there are many more. We are sure that by reading the above reasons, you have already started planning to study in Canada in your mind. Make this thought come true. We are here to help you..!!