Visa and Entry Requirements

In the event that you are wanting to study in Switzerland, distinctive conditions apply for nationals who are from a nation in the European Union or European Free exchange Association (EFTA) (EU nations in addition to Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland).

Visas and permits to study in Switzerland

On the off chance that you want to come to Switzerland to study at a college or equivalent, first, you should discover a course and get acknowledged onto it. When you have affirmation that you have a place (a declaration of enrollment), you can apply for a visa (on the off chance that you require one) to study in Switzerland.

Certain nationalities will require a visa to enter Switzerland. You can verify whether you require a visa here. For courses of up to three months – summer courses, language schools – you may require a short term Schengen C visa; for courses longer than three months, you may require a long-term national D visa.

Applying for a Swiss visa

You'll have to apply for a visa through the Swiss embassy or department in your nation of origin. You'll have to finish an application form and submit supporting documentation, in French, German or English, so you may need to interpret your reports.

For short term Schengen C visas, documentation incorporates

  • A legitimate passport/travel ID
  • Verification of sufficient monetary assets to take care of your expenses while you're in Switzerland
  • Medical services/accident protection
  • Confirmation of booked courses including expenses paid
  • in case you're under 18, a birth verification and authorisation to make a trip if coming to Switzerland alone, or the copy of guardians' visas in the event that they will go with.
For a long stay D visas, reports will include:
  • A legitimate passport/travel ID.
  • Evidence of satisfactory money related assets to take care of your expenses while you're in Switzerland, whether       yourself or a sponsor, for example, copy of bank declarations or a letter from the bank.
  • Evidence of healthcare protection which incorporates cover for accidents.
  • Inspiration letter laying out why you need to come to Switzerland to study and how this will be useful to your       profession.
  • Confirmation of enrolment at a perceived Swiss educational foundation.
  • Confirmation of course expenses paid.
  • Your CV.
  • A copy of past instructive endorsements and confirmations.
  • A signed letter confirming that you will leave Switzerland toward the finish of the course.
Obtaining Residence Permit

Everybody, including EU nationals, requires a residence permit if their stay in Switzerland surpasses three months. In order to limit migration from non-EU/EFTA nations, Swiss experts force strict yearly confinements on the quantity of residence and work licenses conceded to nonnatives.

Regardless of whether you require an entry visa, you should have a residence permit for your time of study in Switzerland. You should apply for this in person within 14 days of your landing in the Citizen's Registry Office ("Einwohnermeldeamt") at your new residence of home or at the individual "Kreisbüro" on the off chance that you live in the city.

You will be requested
  • Your passport or identity card
  • Your "Broadened confirmation of registration"
  • Your rental contract for accommodation
  • An up to date passport photograph (EU students only)
  • CHF 20 (enlistment expense)
  • CHF 65 (EU-nations)/CHF 142 (non-EU nations) (document expense)
  • Proof of adequate money related assets (not required on the off chance that you entered
  • Switzerland with a student visa). As monetary proof, the Migration Office acknowledges your own particular bank declaration or (in the event that you are an EU/EFTA national) a letter from your societies confirming that they will support you with CHF 1750 every month.
After a few weeks, you will get your residence permit. Non-EU nationals get documents containing biometric information.

The permit is for the most part issued for one year and can be broadened if your studies last more. Please note that confirmation of adequate budgetary assets is required for the extension of your residence permit.

For individuals from non-EU/EFTA nations, the whole time of studies in Switzerland may not surpass 8 years. This period incorporates the time spent on a degree, doctorate and post-doctorate.