France is a popular country among students looking to study abroad for higher education. However, the study and living costs in France is not always affordable. Fortunately, France offers scholarships in large quantities for international students. The French government, higher education institute and many other organisations support international students financially to encourage them to study in France.
Scholarships for international students in France 2021
To attract a large pool of international students, the government of France, Universities and other organisations have introduced plenty of scholarships to help international students to cover some part of their expenses in France. Scholarships can be fully funded or partially funded towards the tuition fee. You can find scholarships at all the level of higher education at the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels.
Requirements for scholarships to study abroad in FranceThere are no fixed requirements for applying for scholarships in France. Generally, it is offered based on excellent academic results or the financial needs of the applicant. Every individual foundation has its own criteria. Here are some requirements that you may require complete when applying for a scholarship in France:
- Scholarship application
- A copy of your passport
- A passport-sized photo of yourself
- Result copies of past exam and graduation diplomas
- A civil liability certificate
- Statement of purpose to convey the reason why they are eligible candidates
- French and/or English proof of language proficiency
- Proof of financial resources
- Curriculum Vitae
- Document of employment/internship record, if applicable
- French language certificate (if required)
Types of scholarships to study in France for international studentsScholarships in France can be obtained from three channels. These scholarships differ with the benefits obtained, eligibility criteria, duration, application procedure, elements of selection etc. These scholarships are available for different academic programs for students seeking to study in France. The 3 types of scholarships in France available for international students are:
- French Government Scholarships
- University provided Scholarships
- Co-financed or Joint Scholarships
France government scholarshipThe Government of France offers different kinds of scholarships in France for international students. Applicants with outstanding academic records have a high chance to obtain these scholarships. Soe of these scholarships are mentioned below:
1. Charpak Scholarship ProgramCharpak scholarship is offered by the French Embassy to students from India. You can apply for this scholarship by creating an account online and registering with the help of your email address and password. Charpak scholarship results are declared only after going through the applications of each applicant closely. This scholarship program offers 3 different kinds of funding for Indian students who want to continue their higher education study in France.
- Research Internship Program
- Exchange Program
- Master’s program.
2. Raman-Charpak FellowshipIt is the most popular PhD scholarships in France. The Indian candidates who want to pursue PhD research at institutions of France for 2–6 months can apply for Raman-Charpak Fellowship. You can get financial support of 1500 Euros per month for your everyday expenses, travel expenses, accommodation expenses and Social Security charges.
3. Eiffel Scholarships in France for international studentsThe Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs has launched Eiffel Scholarships in France for students coming from other countries. The higher education Institution submits the applicants on behalf of the applicant for the scholarship. The scholarship programme is applicable only for potential Masters and PhD students in France. On successfully obtaining the scholarship, the awardee receives 1,181 euros per month for a master degree and 1,400 euros per month for a PhD. Also, allowance for living expenditures.
4. MAKE OUR PLANET GREAT AGAIN (MOPGA)This is one of the famous masters scholarships in France. The MOPGA scholarship is offered by joint efforts of the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE) and the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation (MESRI) to international students. Successful students will receive a grant of 1,190 Euro per month
- For 24 months (for those enrolling in the first year).
- For 12 months (for students enrolling in the second year)
Scholarships provided by the universities in FranceThese scholarships in France are offered directly by certain higher educational intuition of France to prospective international students. These scholarships are offered at the bachelors, masters and PhD level. Even top universities scholarships are also available for international students. Some of the universities that provide scholarships for international students in France are mentioned below.
1. Emile-Boutmy scholarshipSciences Po, the prestigious university in France offers Emile-Boutmy scholarship to international students. The scholarship is offered to attract the very best international students. The scholarships can take different forms ranging from €5,000 to €10,000 for 2 years of postgraduate study or €3,000 to €12,300 for 3 years of undergraduate study.
2. Université Paris SaclayUniversite Paris Saclay offers scholarships to international students. This is one of the scholarships for masters in France. The scholarships are awarded for one to two years based on the enrollment level in higher education. The scholarship awards around 10,000 euro per year and a maximum of 1,000 euro for transportation and visa expenses.
3. ENS International Selection ScholarshipsThe École Normale Supérieure(ENS) offers scholarships each year to 30 international students. It is offered either in Science or in Humanities. The candidates must be admitted to a two or three-year course at the ENS to get the benefit of scholarships. They will receive a monthly stipend of around 1,000 Euros for 2 to 3 years.
4. Rennes Business schoolRennes School of Business offers a wide range of scholarships such as the Talent Scholarship, Solidarity Fund Scholarship. You may get the benefit from 2000€ to 5000€. To obtain scholarships there are certain requirements you need to fulfil such as submitting Transcripts, English score, CV and interview feedback along with a personal statement.
5. ISAE SUPAERO-MBDAISAE SUPAERO is one world-famous institute for aeronautics. It is located in Toulouse and MBDA is a major European defence company. The company MBDA offers 8 fellowships to students coming from India who are admitted in the master’s program in ISAE AMA and AESS. This covers tuition fees and some part of living expenses.
6. Ampere Scholarships of Excellence at ENS de LyonThis is one of the scholarships in France for masters. The ENS de Lyon and its partners offer scholarships to outstanding international students who are enrolled in its Master’s programs in specific fields. The students enrolled in the courses of Exact Sciences, the Arts, and Human and Social Sciences (excluding Professional Masters in teaching) can get the benefit of Ampere Scholarships of Excellence. The scholarships cover 1000 Euro per month for 12 months and are renewable with conditions.
7. Grenoble Institute of Technology Foundation Scholarships
The Grenoble Institute of Technology Foundation supports a scholarship program for international students. This is only for those students who wish to pursue an international master program at Grenoble INP. The scholarship funds around 5,000 euros per semester.
8. INSEAD MBA Scholarships
These scholarships are awarded in various criteria and fall into two major categories:
- non-need-based (For example gender, citizenship, professional background, English language scores, leadership abilities, etc).
The INSEAD Scholarships are limited in number and there is a tough competition for each award. The amount of scholarships starts from 4000 Eur to 20000 Eur.
9. HEC Paris MBA Scholarships
HEC Paris offers scholarships to international students, especially for MBA courses. HEC scholarships are awarded to various categories: merit-based, need-based or based on specific criteria. The scholarship amount can range from 6,000 Euro to 24,000 Euro.
10. EDHEC BUSINESS SCHOOL
There are various EDHEC Business School scholarships for international students. Preference is given to the students having academic excellence and engaged in relevant extracurricular activities.
Co-Financed/Joint Scholarships/french embassy scholarship
The Co-Financed or Joint scholarships in France for Indian students are joint ventures of the French Embassy and various other institutions or organizations of India. Some of these scholarships for Indian students in France are given below.
- UGAM Legrand Scholarship
- Shikhar Thales scholarship programme
- Bahman Samandari scholarship programme
- Amba- Dalmia scholarship programme
Embassy of France Scholarship offers Scholarships for the Summer Residency Programme to foreign film and television students in France. It is offered for 2 months only to the students going from India to France to attend this program. The awardee is benefited from a
- monthly stipend of approx. 910 euros,
- a return ticket to France,
- overseas medical insurance coverage and assistance to find accommodation
- a student visa fee waiver.
Erasmus + is managed by the European Authorities. The program offers financial support during the period of study in France. The Erasmus Mundus joint Master's offer is a study programme that offers scholarships to the best-ranked student applicants worldwide. It is offered for one or two years in any field of studies. Many higher education institutions in France offer joint Master's programmes. Erasmus+ also offers mobility scholarships from and to France. They cover living and accommodation costs
THE NEEMRANA MUSIC FOUNDATION
In partnership with the French Embassy in India, THE NEEMRANA MUSIC FOUNDATION in Delhi offers scholarships to Indian musicians to study abroad in France. It offers two scholarships in the field of Western Classical Music.
We hope this information on Scholarships in France is helpful to you. If you find difficulty in the arrangement of funds for studying in France, you can apply for the scholarships. If you are successful in obtaining the scholarships your higher studies will become much more affordable.