Canada has become a famous landing place for candidates seeking a master's degree and high-quality experience. Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver are some of the best cities in the world for pursuing a Master's degree. There is a wide range of master's degrees offered in Canada in various fields. These include education, music, business administration, engineering, management, etc.
Advantages of Studying Masters in Canada
Canada strongly welcomes multiculturalism, with students from various parts of the world preferring to study in the country. Canadians have earned the reputation of the friendliest country in the world. Their acceptance of diversity has given rise to their warmth and hospitality, making them known to be some of history's most exemplary hosts. It offers plenty of advantages to international students studying for a master's degree at the universities of Canada. Here are a few of them:
- Canada offers an internationally recognized degree of masters.
- It also includes an industrial internship which helps the students to bridge the gap from the theory world to the practical world.
- The Canadian universities have flexible admission procedures and are designed specially by keeping the students willing to go for higher studies from the other foreign countries
- The research programs are one of the main advantages of seeking a master’s education from the universities of Canada.
- After completion of their master's from Canada, students move up the career ladder and can get an attractive pay package as well.
Top Universities in Canada for Masters
The universities in Canada offer a Master's degree in a variety of disciplines. But selecting the right college and university in Canada is a decision that should be made carefully. Some of the top universities in Canada for masters are:
- Universities for Masters in Canada
- University of Ottawa
- McGill University
- University of British Columbia
- Université de Montréal
- McMaster University
- University of Alberta
- University of Waterloo
- University of Calgary
- University of Toronto
- Western University
Admission requirements for Master's in Canada
Different master's courses in Canada have different requirements for admission. Though the requirements in Canada for master's will change with the courses and universities, some general requirements remain the same. Here are some of the common requirements to get admission for International students at Canadian universities:
- Most universities ask for qualifications similar to a Canadian Bachelor's degree.
- Students may be asked to show their work experience in the relevant field of study.
- Students whose native language is not English shall be asked to give English proficiency exams like IELTS or TOEFL.
- GMAT or GRE test scores can be an entry-level requirement for a few universities.
- Letter of recommendation from professors or managers.
- Statement of purpose including the purpose of studying at a specific university and course.
- A Curriculum Vitae mentioning all the academic and work details.
- Portfolio(if required)
Popular Masters in Canada Courses
Now that you know about the Universities in Canada for MS and other courses, let us talk about the courses one can apply for. From Marine engineering to hospitality and tourism management or IT colleges in Canada, the country has courses for students from every stream. Here are some popular Masters in Canada Courses:
- Masters in Engineering Management in Canada
- master in Information Technology in Canada
- master in mechanical engineering in Canada
- Masters in Computer science in Canada
- Data Science Masters in Canada
- Masters in Business Analytics in Canada
- Architecture Masters in Canada
- Masters in Management in Canada
- Psychology Masters in Canada
- Cyber Security Masters in Canada
- Project Management Masters in Canada
- Biotechnology Masters in Canada
- Machine Learning Masters in Canada
- Journalism Masters in Canada
- Human Resource Management in Canada
- Logistic and Supply Chain Management
- Masters in Cloud Computing in Canada
1 Year Masters in Canada
In some programs, there are one-year courses also available in Canada for the master's. Some of the courses offered by Canadian Universities as one-year Masters are Computer Science, Finance, MBA, International Relations, Hospitality and Tourism, Marketing, etc. The Universities of Toronto, British Columbia, the University of Winnipeg, and McGill University are some of the most known universities that offer 1 year Master's programs in Canada.
Masters in Canada Cost
The Cost of a master's in Canada is lower and more affordable than the undergraduate programs. The average tuition fee for pursuing a master's in the institutions of Canada is 16500 Canadian dollars per year. However, the highest tuition fees for Masters in Canada may go up to 40000 CAD.
Masters in Canada Scholarships
There are plenty of scholarships and grants offered to international students, both from the Government of Canada and the Universities in Canada. Along with international student loans, scholarships are a great way to finance one’s education in the host country without burning the pockets.
Canada has an excellent reputation for quality education, and many of its universities rank well on the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. Before you can apply for a Master's program in Canada, you need to be sure that it is the right choice for you. For any assistance, we are here.
Leave your Thought Here
Your email address & mobile number will not be published. Required fields are marked *