The Ministry of Interior in France has announced the opening of an online facility through which international students would be able to apply for their french residence permits. The application can be done from home itself, without having to make an appointment for prefecture offices.
Students who come from the non-EU region need to first apply for a student visa and then based on the duration of the study program, the carte de séjour residence card will be issued. So applying for this residency card is easy through the newly launched portal.
French residency permit
A France residence permit is a card that allows its international students to remain in France. It is mandatory for every foreign student that comes to France to study for more than three months. Without a French residence permit, they will not be counted as a legal resident in France and will not be able to get the right to use many state services and aids.
The application for french residency permit was done at the student's local préfecture till now. But now the French Interior Ministry has created an online portal where students can apply for the new residency card or renew cards in France.
Online application for French residency Permit
The Interior Ministry said the website for application of french residency permit has been made simple and user-friendly. Its main features are:
- There is only a minimum requirement of documents.
- The website is open in both the language, french and English.
- The website will save your application, so if you get started then realise you are missing an important document, you can save your application for up to 20 days and go back to it later.
- All supporting documents must be scanned and uploaded to the site - there is no facility to send these separately by post.
Benefits of Online application for French residency Permit
A paperless procedure for applying for a student french residency permit makes your task easier. Benefits of an online portal for applying for a French residency permit.
- International Students can now apply for a residence permit from their home itself.
- The portal has been described by applicants as user-friendly.
- This allows you to complete your online application for your residence permit, anytime and anywhere, from your smartphone computer or tablet and thus makes the process easier for you.
- At any time between the submission of the application and the issue of the permit, they can check the status of their application on their online account, answer any requests for additional information or documents.
- It will be easy to Solve and access difficulties, in particular, the appointments for application submission.
Process of getting French residency cards
The process of applying for a Residency Card is now simple. Here is the step by step process:
- Just go to the portal of carte de séjour application.
- Select your nationality
- Declare your length of residency (more or less than 5 years)
- Fill the details as asked. Complete your details such as civil status, address, & contact details
- Scan the documents and Upload them. Documents should be in the form of PDF, JPEG, JPG, or PNG, up to 5MB size
- After submitting you will receive an email of successful completion of the application.
- Next, you will have to visit your préfecture to provide your fingerprints, show your passport and provide a new passport-sized photo.
- Once you have completed this your card will be sent to you by post.
Documents required for applying for French residency cards online
- A valid passport
- French student long-stay visa
- A copy of all the important pages of the passport.
- Proof of enrollment in an educational institution
- Two photographs as per to the ICAO Guidelines
- Birth Certificate.
- Address proof in France.
- Proof of attendance
This is indeed good news for international students who are already studying or planning to study in France
. Now they do need to visit the prefectures, the application can be done online itself.